- BY admin
- April 29, 2020
~Submitted by Christina Averill, HR Specialist
Most of us are new to working from home. It’s new, its different, but one thing we can all agree upon is we can’t beat the morning commute. Working remotely comes with its own set of challenges. We all have to learn how to be productive and maintain some kind of normalcy. While reinventing your new work-life, you may find yourself struggling with day-to-day responsibilities. Below are some tips that may help you get through your day a little easier.
Get ready for your day
- Take a shower, brush your hair, do what you would normally do. You don’t need to go all out as you would for the office but taking care of yourself will help you feel ready for the day.
Designate a workspace
- We are used to going into work whether that is an office or classroom. It is more important than ever to establish a healthy work-life balance. Your workspace doesn’t need to be its own room, but it should feel separate from the rest of the home.
Keep regular working hours
- Now that you have set up a designated workspace, you should establish a clear and defined work schedule. As we are temporarily working from home, sticking with the hours you were previously working will not only help you keep a regular schedule but ease the transition when business resumes as usual.
Skip the chores
- While working from home, an enormous challenge will be distractions. Take breaks but be mindful of what you do on those breaks. Throwing in a load of laundry or unloading the dishwasher is fine, but turning on a movie or reorganizing that closet will take your focus away from work.
- With everyone working from home and social distancing in place, a lot of us are feeling anxious and uncertain right now. Combat this by talking with your coworkers throughout the day. When you are checking in with a coworker, really check-in.
Done for the Day
- When you finish work for the day, be sure to close down your area and leave your work area for the rest of the day if you can. It’s too easy to walk by an open computer to check one more email. Remember your work-life balance.
Take Care of Yourself
- Be sure to get up and stretch and stay hydrated. Many people find it too easy to never get up from their desks while working from home. Don’t forget to each lunch and drink plenty of water. Make sure you are taking care of yourself.
For information regarding Teacher Certifications and testing please visit: https://tea.texas.gov/texas-educators/certification/certification-announcements-and-updates
Keep up to date with RMA and other agencies regarding COVID-19: