RMA creates high standards of achievement to promote students’ academic success through innovative learning strategies that meet their individual needs. Our academic programs take place in a small school environment with frequent formal and informal assessments that we use to drive instruction.
We strive to engage students in a relevant curriculum that increases their reading, writing, and math proficiency and offers electives to enhance their career and life skills. Our educational model is grounded in instructional best practices and professional development, so that our students consistently meet state and district requirements for graduation/promotion.
Credits earned at RMA are transferable to/from any United States high school and are accepted by most colleges and universities. We encourage our students to consider life after high school by preparing for college courses, joining our work study program to earn high school credit, and/or participating in our CTE program.
RMA operates small, integrated, ninth through twelve campuses that enable our teachers and school leaders to build transformative relationships with students. By creating a family-oriented culture on every campus, our students feel valued and supported on their path to graduation.
In order to ensure that every student is college and/or career-ready by the end of 12th grade, RMA requires all students to give their best effort during our flexible and accelerated school day.
RMA students have access to a variety of life-changing extracurricular activities that enhance their high school experiences.
- Field Trips: Annual fall or spring trips give most students their first opportunity to travel outside of their community and visit colleges around the country.
- Service Opportunities: Service has been an important pillar of giving back to the community who does so much to support RMA. Students have the opportunity to volunteer and give back to their communities through after school service days and special projects.
- Summer Programming: Students that are interested in participating in rigorous academic summer programming have the opportunity to apply for summer school, internships and even travel abroad programs. These programs are growing every day, and our staff is continuously seeking out the best and most unique summer opportunities available.
- Student Leadership Council: Students at each campus are invited to run for leadership positions and join the campus Student Leadership Council (SLC). SLC students have a voice in school decisions, plan and organize campus events and serve as the welcoming body for new students.
- Broadcast Journalism Club: Student interested in photography, music or film are welcomed to join the Broadcast Journalism Club. Beginning in 2016, these students will post on the RMA blog, help manage the RMA Facebook page, create the school yearbooks and more!
Personalized College and Career Counseling
RMA has developed one of the most innovative career and college counseling programs in Texas with two main focuses—high school graduation and college/career success. Our unwavering commitment to this goal begins as soon as students enroll at RMA and continues on well after students graduate.